Gastroenterologist Aberdeen NJ
Welcome to Dr. Anu Sampat – Board Certified Gastroenterologist in Aberdeen NJ
Thank you for visiting our website. Our goal is to provide patients quality care by listening to the patient and putting together a comprehensive plan including lifestyle, dietary, and, if needed, medication changes. We understand each patient is unique and one “treatment method” does not apply to everyone.
Dr. Sampat graduated from Bangalore University, (Bangalore, India) in 1988. She has been in private practice on Staten Island since 1997 and is affiliated with the Staten Island University Hospital in Staten Island, NY and Bayshore Community Hospital in Holmdel, NJ .
Dr. Sampat received her medical education in India at M.S. Ramaiah Medical College. She then began her postdoctoral training and completed her internship at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, NY. Dr. Sampat then began her medical residency at the same institution, where she was named assistant chief medical resident in her third year. She then relocated to New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens in Queens, NY where she was named chief medical resident and where she completed her gastroenterology fellowship. Dr. Sampat is a member of the American Gastroenterologist Association, the American College of Gastroenterology, and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Symptoms and Diseases Treated:
- Heartburn-Diagnosing and treating gastroesophageal reflux disease (known as GERD).
- Bowel Pattern Changes-Diarrhea, Constipation, and/or both
- Nutrition and Weight Management
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Bloating & Gas Disorders
- Peptic Ulcer Diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of Abdominal Pain
- Evalution of Celiac Diseases
- Swallowing Disorders-Diagnosing and assisting patients with swallowing difficulties
- Diagnosis and Management of Colonic Diseases- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases,Diverticular Diseases, Polyps and Colon Cancer.
- Investigation of Rectal Bleeding
- Hepatic (Liver) Disorders-Diagnosing and treating liver diseases; evaluation of abnormal liver function test LFT’s and treatment options for hepatitis A, hepatitis B and Hepatitis C.
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Gastro-Intestinal Cancer Management-Diagnosing and treating esophageal, gastric, intestinal, colorectal, liver and pancreatic cancers. If you require surgery, you will be referred to appropriate specialist surgeon.
- Breath Tests-This test indicates if potentially ulcer-causing bacteria are present in the system as well as looking for lactose and fructose intolerance.
- Obscure GI Bleeding – Capsule Endoscopy